Monday, October 1, 2018

an update.

So I last blogged a couple years ago.  Here is an update. 

My garden grew from the little ol 9,000sq ft to about 20,000.  Meh. 

I have won the debate about cheese and milk cow and lost it, a few times over.   It will happen one day.  But I have learnt the last 4 years that Kendall has to be 100% in agreement or it’s just going to cause issues.  So I wait. 

Blister the donkey had to leave.  
He began tearing down fences. 
He was mean to the horse.  
So after much debate he left.  
It’s sad but I’m happy to not be dealing with his stunts. 

After many tears and failures I finally got pregnant. No really.   I’m not just fat.  A friend of mine keeps bugging me about how I keep bringing it up.  And I don’t really care.  I had given up on having kids.  So yeah, a huge life change and it still blows my mind. 

Turns  out the only thing that can kill my need to work constantly is being pregnant.  

So my sad garden and yard have been neglected this year.  This year it was all about growing this baby.  Pretty much everything was kind of pushed aside.  It took so long to get to this place I’ve just accepted it and the weeds. 

My step daughter is coming back for a second year in a row. I’m excited and nervous.  I always get a surge of anxiety before she comes back.  Will I do right by her? Will she have an amazing childhood? Will I be a good step mom?  I’m confident all is ready. I mean not much has changed since she was here in the spring. But I still worry, clothes? Toys? Toilet paper? Food, what do you feed a kid again?   Weird stuff like that.  Pretty soon I’ll be wondering again what I did with my time when she wasn’t here. 

We are still in limbo about farming and business.  Kendall is away all summer working. I hate it and love it.  I can work to my hearts content when he’s gone, but I miss him and wish he was home.  The first two years of our marriage were so heavenly being together working the farm together.  The house stays cleaner when he’s gone and I have a very flexible, sure let’s go shopping, schedule. But I miss his presence. And cooking. We are dreaming and planning but we take it one day at a time and will see where it takes us. 

So that’s an update.  I guess I’ll start thinking more blogging not that I have access again.   


No comments:

Post a Comment