Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Poetic Cliffhanger

I'm standing on the edge of the cliff.
Overlooking the valley of fears and doubts.
Across the chiasm, I see it.

                       Dreams  
                                                      Possibilities
                                      Hopes
                                                                            Desires
                           Things I dare not speak of
                                                                                        The impossible

I stand, gazing at what separates me. A fog sets in.  It surrounds me.  Envelops me.

Crushing my soul.

Screaming, "Look at what's between you and your future!"

                                   It's impossible
                                           Give up
                            It's never going to happen


I fall to my knee in shame and fear, trembling, unbelieving that I could ever cross.  

A light in the distances shines through.  

It burns the fog.  Gently melting the fears.  Doubts.

Suddenly. I am surrounded by light, the dismal gloom has lifted.  
And as I gaze across the chasm.
I realize.
It's but a step.

                                 My dreams are walking towards me. 
                                 Goals look at me and wave.
                                 Dreams fist pump the air. Yes! We are going to happen!
                                 Love looks at me and smiles....and takes a step forward.


I take it in. And take a step back.  Something is wrong, this can't be real!

A gentle hand pushes me forward.

                    This is what you have been waiting for
                                  This is what you prepared for
                                             This is what you prayed for
                                                           This is the good life
                                                                                          Take it


And I take a step. And another.  And another. 
And then.
I'm on the other side. 
Surrounded by light and love.  
It's really happening.......

No comments:

Post a Comment