Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Inner Diva


So recently I've been doing a lot of thinking. 
Lots of changes in my crazy life and I've been evaluating what makes me make the decisions I've made. 
I don't regret a lot in my life. Some decisions were good some bad but all led me to learn things and meet some amazing people along the way. 
And learn a lot about myself. 

And some things I could have handled differently. 
I've ranted a few times about my difficulty with being a "woman". And I've come to some conclusions. About being a woman. 

Its unavoidable. So I may as well deal with it. 
Here's my story. 
I like the background. Its safe, no one notices you there. 
You can work quietly and no one bothers you. See that's also the problem. Its lonely. And well....sigh....I'm a closet diva. Through my own actions of hiding and putting myself in a box I've given people permission to pass me over, look down on me, take me for granted and take advantage of me. I used to think any attention was positive attention. At least someone noticed me. 
Well. 
Not any more. 
I'm worth so much more. 
I'm not saying I'm going to start marching around demanding attention, but I think I'm getting this whole woman thing figured out. And I may be a bit of a girly girl drama queen. I'm still figuring it out. But I won't take crap. I will be treated with respect. I'm not a maid. I'm not a pushover. I'm valuable. And I'm not taking the garbage out anymore. It wrecks my nails.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! So cute Becky! I think alot of women struggle with the same things. So brave and inspiring for you to share your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it I'm NOT CUTE!!!! lol thanks Christie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im guessing garbage take out is now my job?

    ReplyDelete